Called to Serve

Called to Serve
You are here by called to serve in the Philippines Bacolod Mission

Sunday 13 November 2011

Once in a lifetime opportunity!

Hey everyone,
So it's been forever since I have e-mailed or posted or anything to let you all know what is happening here in Bacolod Mission. So last post I was still assigned in Guihulngan. Well now I'm in the mountains in a place called Vallehermoso. We have had some great blessings and opportunities that I don't know if I will get another chance in my mission. We had been teaching a wonderful woman her name is Genica. Well she is from Romania and knew nothing about our church. She has been living here six years with her husband and can understand only a little of the language here. Well anyways we have been teaching her for the last two months and on Saturday November 12, 2011 we had the opportunity to baptize her. Her testimony was such a wonderful thing to hear. She talked of God's plan for her and why she was here in the Philippines at the exact time she met the missionaries. She told us that the missionaries had pasted her house for 6 years but they never stopped by. Maybe because the people outside said she is foreigner she won't except you. She said that if she was still in Romania she may have never had the chance to hear this gospel seeing as the church is super new there. The first time my companion went to her she said just come back. So that is what he did with Elder Pickard. 2 weeks after that I was assigned there and had the privilege to teach her this wonderful gospel. I know that this gospel is ment for everyone. Our Heavenly Father trually does have a plan for each and everyone of his children. Just like he does for Sister Genica. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon.
Elder Mele





No comments:

Post a Comment